Entry/Exit Requirements

A visa is not necessary when you travel to Chile; only a valid passport. When entering Chile (by ship, vehicle or plane), you will need to fill out a Tourist Card at customs. This allows United States citizens to stay for up to 90 days and will allow multiple entries. You will also need to show this Tourist Card to Customs when leaving the country. There is a reciprocity fee, which must be paid upon arrival to Chile. Payment can be made in U.S. currency or by credit card. Citizens of other countries should contact the Chilean Consulate closest to their place of residence for visa information.

Visa Application requirements:
Valid Passport
Proof of country residence
Profession and Employment Certificate
Names, addresses and Chile contact information
Letter of invitation may be required
Marital Status
Application needs to be completed in person
Tourist Visa extension can be requested
Extensions are done at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Chile
Payment of the required fee must be paid

For more information regarding the entry requirements for Chile visit www.chile-usa.org